NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for People's United Financial (Nasdaq:PBCT) is Monday, July 30, 2012. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 16 cents per share. At a price of $11.61 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 5.6%. The average volume for People's United Financial has been four million shares per day over the past 30 days. People's United Financial has a market cap of $4.08 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are down 10.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. People's United Financial, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for People's United Bank that provides commercial banking, retail and business banking, and wealth management services to individual, corporate, and municipal customers. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about PBCT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV