After 65 years in business, Aurora Blacktop Inc. will end operations at its asphalt plant due to owner retirement. Aurora Blacktop's assets include real estate, asphalt plant and equipment.
AURORA, IL, July 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will conduct a complete equipment dispersal for Aurora Blacktop Inc. on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at an unreserved public auction in Aurora, IL. The auction features more than 270 industrial equipment items that formed part of an asphalt plant operation in Bristol, IL. Highlights include a selection of wheel loaders, hydraulic excavators, motor graders, truck tractors, dump trucks and other industrial and plant equipment. The auction will be held at 10:00 am (local time), it is open to the public and it is unreserved — meaning no minimum bids and no reserve prices. Bids can be made on site, online in real time at www.rbauction.com or by proxy.
Aurora Blacktop Inc.'s real estate assets will be sold by Brummel Realty, LLC. They include an asphalt plant, which operates on 28.69± acres and features a 9x14 ft. 8 bin cold feeder w/30 in. x 156 ft. collecting feed disch. converter; a Value King 5x12 ft. vibratory single deck scalping screen; an Astec RSS2512-6098272 25 in. x 78 ft. drum feed converter; and more. In addition to the asphalt plant, the first parcel of real estate also features a 135x60 ft. American building (office & storage); a 135x60 ft. wick pole building; and a 16x20 ft. 2-story office building.
"Aurora Blacktop Inc. has been a family-run business for more than three generations and 65 years," said Danny Shepley, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "A lot of love and hard-work has gone into this business and it shows in the condition of their operation, the equipment and their land. The plant can process up to 450 tons of material per hour and there is currently over 100,000 tons of raw material on the ground. All you have to do is press the button and it is ready to heat up in two days!"Other real estate items featured in next week's Aurora auction include four parcels of farmland (surrounding the first parcel and totaling 110± acres) subdivided as follows:
- 35.26± farm acres, including a 16X20 ft., 2-story office building
- 34.98± farm acres
- Selling together as one lot, two subdivisions: 19.63± farm acres and 20.12± farm acres
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV