Select Revenue Highlights
Worldwide sales were $12.3 billion for the second quarter of 2012, an increase of 1 percent, or 5 percent excluding foreign exchange, compared with the second quarter of 2011. Sales also were unfavorably impacted by the arbitration settlement agreement with Johnson & Johnson discussed below.
The following table reflects sales of the company's top pharmaceutical products, as well as total sales of animal health and consumer care products.
|$ in millions||Second Quarter 2012||Second Quarter 2011||Change|
|PROQUAD, M-M-R II and VARIVAX||316||291||9%|
Pharmaceutical Revenue PerformanceSecond-quarter pharmaceutical sales grew 2 percent to $10.6 billion, including a 3 percent negative impact due to foreign exchange. Adjusting pharmaceutical sales in the second quarter of 2011 to exclude sales of REMICADE (infliximab) and SIMPONI (golimumab) from the territories transferred to Johnson & Johnson through the settlement agreement, pharmaceutical sales would have increased 5 percent in the second quarter of 2012. 6 The revenue increases largely reflect strong sales growth for JANUVIA (sitagliptin), VICTRELIS (boceprevir), JANUMET (sitagliptin/metformin hydrochloride), SINGULAIR (montelukast sodium), ISENTRESS (raltegravir) and GARDASIL [Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16 and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant]. These increases were partially offset by expected declines in sales of COZAAR (losartan potassium) and HYZAAR (losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide) as well as European austerity measures. Sales from emerging markets accounted for approximately 18 percent of pharmaceutical sales in the second quarter. Growth in the emerging markets is being driven by diversified brands and core products like JANUVIA, JANUMET and ISENTRESS. China continues to be a key driver with 27 percent growth for the second quarter, including a 4 percent benefit from foreign exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV