NEW YORK, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced that it will broadcast Doctor Radio Reports: College Admissions, a live, one-hour call-in show hosted by veteran journalist Perri Peltz featuring an expert panel of guests—Tulane University President Scott S. Cowen, Veritas Tutors founder Matthew Bardin and Glenn Saxe, M.D., the Arnold Simon Professor and Chair in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the NYU Langone Medical Center—who will explore the myths and truths behind the admissions process, arming millions of parents and students across the country with the information and tools they need to deal with the stresses and strains of the college application process.
Doctor Radio Reports: College Admission will air live on July 27 at 10:00 am ET on Doctor Radio ch. 81. It will replay July 28 at 6:00 pm ET and July 29 at 8:00 pm ET. Listeners are encouraged to call 1-877-NYU-DOCS (I-877-698-3627), tweet @NYUDocs or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their questions.
On Doctor Radio Reports: College Admissions Dr. Cowen, Dr. Saxe and Bardin will offer listeners advice and tips on a variety of topics including:
- Timing: When is the right time to start thinking about college applications? What should students worry about (and not worry about) during their freshman year in high school? What should they focus on sophomore through junior year, and what happens during senior year after acceptance?
- The admissions process: When does it start? What does it take? What should you know about early, rolling, waitlist and regular admissions? What do admissions officers look for? College admissions counselors – necessary? "The Hook" – what is this? And how can your kid get one? What does it take to be a "well-rounded student"? Is a litany of extracurricular activities beneficial or not?
- Grades/academic prowess: Do you have to be "A" student in order to be "successful?" What can parents do to help their kids if they are anxious and pressuring themselves?
- Standardized Testing: How much do standardized tests matter? Tutoring— when to start, and what can you expect? What is the best way to cope with anxiety over standardized tests?
- Choosing a college: Types of colleges – there is a lot more out there than four-year liberal arts schools. How to branch out and what questions to ask as you search for the right school.
- Handling the anxiety of the process: Common mistakes parents make during this process and how should they handle themselves. Plus, tips on how to handle a stressed-out kid.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV