We expect this will make our analysis of our results more straightforward and for consistency we encourage analysts covering the company to report the results in this manner.
I'd now like to turn the call over to Methanex' President and CEO, Mr. Bruce Aitken, for his comments.
Good. Thank you Jason, and good morning, everyone, and welcome to our second quarter investor conference call. I have got a number of colleagues with me here in the room, and they will be available to answer questions a little later on.I will first give some comments on our second quarter results. We reported adjusted EBITDA of $113 million which is a 22% improvement over the last quarter. Adjusted net income was $44 million or $0.44 per share. The average realized price in Q2 was similar to Q1. However, we achieved higher production in produced methanol sales and lower logistics cost and these factors drove the higher EBITDA.With the recent start up of our second plant in New Zealand, we now have annual operating capacity of over 5 million tonnes and our cash generation capability has improved. I will be commenting more on the expectations for the third quarter and the industry impressing outlook a little later in the call, but before I do that I will make some comments regarding our operations for the quarter.In Trinidad, our plants operated at 90% capacity and produced about 460,000 tons of methanol. As I've mentioned on previous occasions, we and other downstream users in Trinidad have continued to experience some gas curtailments as a result of supply disruptions from upstream gas producers.We are engaged with key stakeholders to find a solution to this issue, however at least during the next quarter we expect to continue to see some shortfalls in gas supply as we understand there are more outages planned by upstream producers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV