Before we get started, I would like to take a moment to remind everyone that some of the information that we discuss on today's call contains forward-looking statements, which involve risks and uncertainties and may be materially different from actual results. Our SEC filings discuss factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations.
Additionally, the material that we discuss today is time-sensitive. If in the future you listen to a rebroadcast or recording of this conference call, you should be sensitive to the date of the original call, which is July 26, 2012. Please note that this call is the property of Republic Services, Inc. Any redistribution, retransmission or rebroadcast of this call in any form without the expressed written consent of Republic Services is strictly prohibited.
With that, I would like to turn the call over to Don.
Donald W. SlagerThanks, Ed. Good afternoon, everyone, and thank you for joining us as we discuss Republic Services' second quarter performance.I would now review our second quarter financial performance before discussing our updated 2012 guidance.Revenue approximately $2.1 billion. Core price growth in the quarter was 0.6%, which was in line with our expectations. MSW landfill price was 2.4%. Volumes decreased by 1.3%, a majority of the volume decline can be attributed to a loss of Oakleaf and the large national account, both of which we discussed in April.Our second quarter adjusted earnings per share was $0.59. Approximately $0.09 of our earnings resulted from a favorable tax rate. All material tax disputes have now been resolved. Our adjusted free cash flow was $156 million. Our adjusted EBITDA margin was 30.3%, and SG&A was 9.6%. We repurchased 5.3 million shares in the second quarter for $141 million. We have approximately $480 million remaining under our authorization through 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV