VORNADO REALTY TRUST (NYSE:VNO) announced today that it has entered into a lease with Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, under which they will lease 572,000 square feet at the Company’s Chicago Merchandise Mart building.
The Merchandise Mart is one of the world’s largest commercial buildings encompassing 3.5 million rentable square feet, spans two city blocks with unique 200,000 square foot floors. It is LEED EB Silver certified. This transaction increases the office component of the building to 1,734,000 square feet, continuing the right sizing of the mix of office space and showroom space.
The lease is expected to commence in early 2013.
Vornado recently announced the sale of 350 West Mart Center, the Washington Design Center, the Boston Design Center, the L.A. Mart and the Canadian Trade Shows.Vornado Realty Trust is a fully integrated equity real estate investment trust. Certain statements contained herein may constitute “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, among others, risks associated with the timing of and costs associated with property improvements, financing commitments and general competitive factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV