We remain confident about the fundamentals of the data center space and our ability to lease up our available inventory. In April, we commenced development of the Phase II of ACC6 in Ashburn, Virginia. As stated on the last call, we expect to fund this development with cash on hand and with the unsecured loan. We expect to deliver this property at the end of this year.
In May, the Governor of Virginia signed new legislation eliminating sales tax on servers and computer equipment, if certain conditions are met. This enables Virginia to compete with other states which have offer similar incentives.
Leasing continues to be everyone's focus for 2012. Although we have done a significant amount of leasing year-to-date, we have plenty of work which needs to be done. As I have said, we are very confident in our ability to lease our vacant space with terms favorable to the company.
Now I will turn the call over to Mark, who will take you through our financial results.Mark L. Wetzel Thank you, Hossein. Good morning, everyone, and thank you for joining us. I want to cover 2 main topics today, our second quarter results and the 2012 guidance update. For the second quarter of 2012, the company's FFO was $0.37 per share compared to $0.42 per share in the second quarter of 2011. The $0.05 per share decrease was primarily due to lower capitalized interest expense and increased preferred dividends. Quarterly revenues were $83 million, an increase of $12 million or 17% over the second quarter of 2011. This represents our highest revenue quarter-to-date ever. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV