LOS ANGELES, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jill Farren Phelps has been named Executive Producer of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, daytime's number one drama, and Josh Griffith joins the series as Head Writer, it was announced today by Steve Kent, Senior Executive Vice President, U.S. Programming at Sony Pictures Television.
"We are excited to have such a talented daytime veteran leading our team at 'Y&R.' Jill has a stellar record of success in the daytime genre," said Kent. "We are also happy to welcome Josh back to THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS and are looking forward to his creative input and ideas."
"On behalf of everyone at 'Y&R,' we extend our sincere thanks to Emmy ® Award-winning Maria Bell for her contributions to the show over the last five years. We wish her the best of luck and continued success," he added.Phelps has been the executive producer of five daytime dramas and two prime time cable dramas: " Santa Barbara," " Guiding Light," " Another World," " One Life to Live," " General Hospital," the first season of " General Hospital: Night Shift" and " Hollywood Heights." As an executive producer, Phelps has been nominated for 14 Daytime Emmy Awards and has won seven times (1988–1990, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2012). Griffith's writing career includes "As the World Turns," " One Life to Live," " Santa Barbara," " Sunset Beach," "General Hospital," "The Young and the Restless" and "Hollywood Heights." He has received four Emmy Awards and four Writer's Guild Awards. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS has been the number one rated daytime drama for more than 23 years and is in its 39th season. The show is broadcast weekdays ( 12:30-1:30 PM; 11:00 AM-12:00 Noon, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and is produced by Bell Dramatic Serial Company, in association with Sony Pictures Television. SOURCE Sony Pictures Television
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV