Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY) announced today that it has agreed to sell $2.0 billion of senior unsecured notes: $750 million in aggregate principal amount of 0.875% notes due 2017, $750 million in aggregate principal amount of 2.000% notes due 2022 and $500 million in aggregate principal amount of 3.250% notes due 2042 in an underwritten public offering.
Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Barclays Capital Inc., Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith Incorporated and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC are acting as joint book-running managers of the underwriters.
Bristol-Myers Squibb intends to use the net proceeds from the offering, the issuance of commercial paper and cash on hand to finance the acquisition of Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., pay costs and expenses pursuant to the assumption agreements, to pay fee and expenses and/or for general corporate purposes. The offering is expected to close on July 31, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions.
When available, the final prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus relating to the offering of the notes may be obtained by contacting one of the following joint book-running managers:
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., at: 877-858-5407
- Barclays Capital Inc., at: 888-603-5847
- Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., at: 800-503-4611
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, at: 212-834-4533
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, at: 800-294-1322
- Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, at: 800-326-5897
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV