AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported second quarter results and announced that the Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend.
Second Quarter 2012 Summary
- Reported sales declined 6% (core sales increased 2% excluding currency effects)
- Changes in currency exchange rates negatively impacted results
- Softness in Europe affected each segment
- Core sales increased significantly in Latin America and Asia
- Stelmi Group acquisition closed on July 3, 2012, and will broaden Pharma segment portfolio
- Earnings per share of $0.61 included a negative impact of $0.05 per share related to Stelmi acquisition costs
SECOND QUARTER RESULTS
For the quarter ended June 30, 2012, reported sales declined 6% to $578 million from $615 million a year ago. AptarGroup estimates that changes in currency exchange rates negatively impacted sales by approximately 8% in the quarter.
|Second Quarter Segment Sales Analysis|
|(Change Over Prior Year)|
|Beauty +||Food +||Total|
|Product Sales (including tooling)||0%||4%||6%||2%|
|Total Reported Growth||-8%||-4%||2%||-6%|