AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported second quarter results and announced that the Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend.
Second Quarter 2012 Summary
- Reported sales declined 6% (core sales increased 2% excluding currency effects)
- Changes in currency exchange rates negatively impacted results
- Softness in Europe affected each segment
- Core sales increased significantly in Latin America and Asia
- Stelmi Group acquisition closed on July 3, 2012, and will broaden Pharma segment portfolio
- Earnings per share of $0.61 included a negative impact of $0.05 per share related to Stelmi acquisition costs
SECOND QUARTER RESULTS
For the quarter ended June 30, 2012, reported sales declined 6% to $578 million from $615 million a year ago. AptarGroup estimates that changes in currency exchange rates negatively impacted sales by approximately 8% in the quarter.
|Second Quarter Segment Sales Analysis|
|(Change Over Prior Year)|
|Beauty +||Food +||Total|
|Product Sales (including tooling)||0%||4%||6%||2%|
|Total Reported Growth||-8%||-4%||2%||-6%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV