Acme Packet (APKT) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Acme Packet fell $1.14 (-6.6%) to $16.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.5 million shares of Acme Packet exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.18-$17.88 after having opened the day at $17.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.33. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Zynga Inc Class A (ZNGA), down 37.5%, Innodata (INOD), down 32.9%, Quality Systems (QSII), down 32.5%, and Synacor (SYNC), down 29.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Acme Packet Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV