AvalonBay Communities (AVB) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities fell 80 cents (-0.6%) to $144.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 817,563 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 632,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $142.50-$146.39 after having opened the day at $142.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $145.32. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Transcontinental Realty (TCI), down 10.8%, American Realty Investors (ARL), down 8%, Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM), down 7%, and NTS Realty Holdings (NLP), down 6.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full AvalonBay Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AVB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV