Computer Programs and Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CPSI):
- Revenues of $45.7 million;
- 12-month backlog of $144.2 million;
- Earnings per diluted share of $0.75;
- Cash provided by operations of $3.0 million; and
- Quarterly dividend of $0.46 per share.
Computer Programs and Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CPSI), a leading provider of healthcare information solutions, today announced results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2012.
The Company also announced that its Board of Directors has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.46 (forty-six cents) per share, payable on August 24, 2012, to stockholders of record as of the close of business on August 9, 2012.Total revenues for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012, were $45.7 million, compared with total revenues of $48.8 million for the prior-year second quarter. Net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, increased 4.4% to $8.3 million, or $0.75 per diluted share, compared with $7.9 million, or $0.72 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2011. Cash provided by operations for the second quarter of 2012 was $3.0 million, compared with $2.8 million for the prior-year second quarter. Total revenues for the six months ended June 30, 2012, were $90.2 million, compared with total revenues of $89.2 million for the prior-year period. Net income for the six months ended June 30, 2012, increased 4.7% to $13.9 million, or $1.26 per diluted share, compared with $13.3 million, or $1.21 per diluted share, for the six months ended June 30, 2011. Cash provided by operations for the first half of 2012 was $11.5 million, compared with $17.1 million for the prior-year period. During the quarter, the Company continued to install systems under contracts for which a substantial majority of the consideration will be received and revenue recognized in subsequent periods upon hospitals successfully achieving Meaningful Use designation. The total accumulated unrecognized revenue related to such contracts as of June 30, 2012, was approximately $9.8 million, with approximately $4.7 million of that amount related to installations occurring during the three months ended June 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV