Evans Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company” or “Evans”) (NYSE MKT: EVBN), a community financial services company serving Western New York since 1920, today reported its results of operations for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2012 SECOND QUARTER
- Net income increased to $1.5 million in the 2012 second quarter, or $0.36 per diluted share, from$1.0 million, or $0.24 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2011.
- Net interest income increased 9.4% in the second quarter of 2012, when compared with the second quarter of 2011 as a result of continued growth in interest earning assets and lower deposit costs.
- Core loans (defined as total loans and leases less direct financing leases) increased 3.4% in the second quarter of 2012, or 13.5% annualized, to $594.6 million from March 31, 2012.
- Core deposits increased in the second quarter at an annualized rate of 9.6%. Demand, NOW and Savings deposit products increased 2.4%, or $12.3 million during the second quarter of 2012.
- The second quarter provision for loan and lease losses declined $0.7 million year-over-year reflecting the positive impact of the release in provision from the direct financing lease portfolio and improving credit quality trends.
- Return on average equity improved to 8.34% in the second quarter of 2012 compared with 5.90% in the prior year period.
- Strong capital position with Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 14.18% at June 30, 2012.
Net income grew to $1.5 million in the second quarter of 2012, up 54.0% from net income of $1.0 million in the second quarter of 2011. The improvement in net income reflected a combination of higher net interest income, which resulted from growing interest earning assets, lower interest expense and a $0.7 million year-over-year reduction in the provision for loan and lease losses. Return on average equity was 8.34% for the second quarter of 2012 compared with 5.90% in the second quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV