Blucora, Inc. (NASDAQ:BCOR) today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
“We are pleased with our performance in the second quarter, and encouraged by the continued momentum in our search business,” said Bill Ruckelshaus, President and Chief Executive Officer of Blucora. “Our results also reflect the end of a strong season for TaxACT. We believe both of our businesses are well positioned and we remain optimistic about our outlook."
|Summary Financial Performance: 2Q 2012|
|($ in millions except per share amounts)|
|Q2 2012||Q2 2011||Growth|
|Non-GAAP Net Income||$||21.8||$||7.6||187||%|
|Non-GAAP Diluted EPS||$||0.53||$||0.20||165||%|
|Net Income (Loss)||$||9.7||$||(4.7||)||N/A|
|GAAP Diluted Income (Loss) Per Share||$||0.23||$||(0.12||)||N/A|
See reconciliation of non-GAAP to GAAP measures below.
SearchSearch revenue for the second quarter of 2012 was $81.8 million, up 51 percent from the second quarter of 2011. Search revenue reflects strong growth from search distribution, which increased 70 percent over the prior year and was driven by growth from both existing and new partners. Search segment income was $15.1 million, up 31 percent over the second quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV