PHOENIX, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG) announced today that its board of directors has approved a one and one-half cent increase in the Company's regular quarterly dividend. The quarterly dividend of $0.235 per share will be paid on October 15, 2012 to stockholders of record on October 1, 2012.
Donald W. Slager, president and chief executive officer, said, "Our board of directors raised the quarterly dividend by approximately 7% to $0.235 per share. Republic has had a dividend in place since 2003 and we maintain a balanced approach to investing in our business, maintaining a strong capital structure and growing cash returns to our owners."
About RepublicRepublic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in the U.S. non-hazardous solid waste industry. Through its subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential customers. Republic and its employees believe in protecting the planet and applying common sense solutions to customers' waste and recycling challenges. The Company participates in investor presentations and conferences throughout the year. Interested parties can find a schedule of these conferences at republicservices.com by selecting "Calendar" on the investor relations page. Audio and other presentations from earnings calls and investor conferences are also available on the investor relations page of the website.
SOURCE Republic Services, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV