Tessera Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSRA) (the “Company” or “we”) announced its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
“We generated $92 million in Intellectual Property revenue in the first half of 2012,” stated Robert A. Young, chief executive officer and president, Tessera Technologies, Inc. “We are pleased with the progress we have made to date in our licensing discussions with current and potential customers of our patent portfolios. In addition, Invensas Corporation introduced two new semiconductor packaging technologies in the first half. We are taking key steps toward the commercial adoption of these next-generation technologies.
“Turning to our DigitalOptics segment, in the first half of this year we achieved significant operational milestones toward our goal of becoming a vertically integrated Original Design Manufacturer (ODM), including most recently our acquisition of the Vista Point Technologies camera module manufacturing assets from Flextronics. We are engaged in discussions with multiple Tier One and other mobile phone manufacturers for initial commercial adoption of our MEMS autofocus technology. As discussed previously, we believe growth in our DigitalOptics segment will come from the sale of integrated camera modules using our MEMS autofocus technology to the $9 billion market for mobile phone cameras.”
Second Quarter 2012
- Total revenues were $61.4 million.
- Intellectual Property segment revenues were $53.0 million.
- DigitalOptics segment revenues were $8.4 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV