EdR (NYSE:EDR), one of the nation’s largest developers, owners and managers of collegiate housing, today announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- Core funds from operations (“Core FFO”) was $11.6 million or $0.12 per share/unit for the second quarter, compared to $8.4 million or $0.11 per share/unit in the prior year;
- Same-community net operating income (“NOI”) for the quarter increased 10.9% on a 7.5% increase in revenues and a 3.8% increase in operating expenses;
- Same-community portfolio is currently 83.9% preleased for the 2012/2013 lease term, compared to 86.1% at this time last year;
- Anticipated same-community net rental rate increase of 5.0% for the 2012/2013 lease term;
- Reduced overall company leverage with debt to gross assets of 28.8% at June 30, 2012, a 18.4% reduction from 35.3% a year earlier;
- Awarded a new third-party development project at Clarion University of Pennsylvania. With a project total cost of $44.7 million, this approximate 700-bed community is anticipated to be delivered in the summer of 2014; and
- EdR’s Board of Directors increased the Company’s quarterly dividend 43% to $0.10 per share/unit, starting with the second quarter dividend that is payable on August 15, 2012.
"All lines of business continued to grow in the first half of 2012,” commented Randy Churchey, EdR's president and chief executive officer. "We are adding $362 million of owned and participating development communities this fall and next, and our pipeline of acquisitions and new developments are at all-time highs. Operationally, we achieved another quarter of double-digit same-community NOI growth, commenced three new third-party development projects and signed two new third-party management agreements."
Net Income Attributable to Common StockholdersNet income attributable to common stockholders for the quarter was $1.3 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, compared to $0.6 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, for the prior year. Improvements in same-community NOI, operating profits of new communities and lower interest expense were the main drivers of the improvement in net income.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV