Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH):
- Loss per diluted share for second quarter 2012 of $0.80
- Premium deficiency reserves of $13 million
- Quarterly premium revenues of $1.5 billion, up 32% over 2011
- Aggregate membership up 13% over 2011
- Cash provided by operating activities up $155 million over 2011
Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE: MOH) today reported its financial results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2012.
Net loss for the quarter was $37.3 million, or $0.80 per diluted share, compared with net income of $17.4 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2011.
“The second quarter of 2012 illustrated both the opportunities and the challenges facing Molina Healthcare today,” said J. Mario Molina, M.D., chief executive officer of Molina Healthcare, Inc. “The opportunities before us are clear. The renewal of our contract in Ohio, the continued development of the dual eligible opportunity across many of our markets, our entry into the Florida Nursing Home Diversion Program, the certification of our Idaho MMIS, and the Supreme Court’s decision upholding many aspects of the Affordable Care Act make it clear that our company’s revenue potential is far greater than it ever has been. However, developments in Texas during the second quarter emphasize the importance of adequate rates and disciplined cost control for new populations and markets. I remain confident that Molina Healthcare will overcome the challenges that come with the many opportunities before us, delivering much improved financial results in the future.”Earnings Per Share Guidance Because of uncertainties surrounding the pace at which our medical cost containment initiatives in Texas will take effect, we previously withdrew and are not issuing fiscal year 2012 guidance with respect to matters related to or derived from medical costs, including earnings guidance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV