Sales for the eCommerce business, which are included in the brand sales numbers above, increased 40.1% to $8.0 million for the second quarter compared to $5.7 million for the same period last year. The sales increase was driven primarily by strong global demand of UGG brand spring styles and the addition of the Sanuk brand.
At June 30, 2012, cash and cash equivalents were $114.4 million compared to $325.2 million at June 30, 2011. The decrease in cash and cash equivalents is attributable to $153.5 million of cash payments associated with the Sanuk brand acquisition and $100.0 million of cash payments for stock repurchases.Inventories at June 30, 2012 increased 64.8% to $346.3 million from $210.0 million at June 30, 2011. By brand, UGG inventory increased $130.1 million to $308.9 million at June 30, 2012, Teva inventory decreased $1.1 million to $21.1 million at June 30, 2012, and the other brands’ inventory decreased $2.0 million to $7.0 million at June 30, 2012. Sanuk brand inventories were $9.3 million at June 30, 2012. The increase in inventory from a year ago is primarily due to the growth of fall 2012 UGG brand inventory which includes the growth of the consumer direct division, carryover product from the 2011 holiday period which is planned to be utilized to fulfill orders during 2012, an increase in product costs, and the addition of the Sanuk brand. Goodwill and net intangible assets increased to $210.2 million at June 30, 2012 compared to $23.9 million at June 30, 2011, primarily due to the acquisition of the Sanuk brand. Stock Repurchase Program During the second quarter of 2012, the Company repurchased approximately 1,475,000 shares of its common stock under its stock repurchase program for a total of $80.0 million. As of June 30, 2012, the Company had completed its $100.0 million stock repurchase program announced in February 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV