Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQGS: DECK) today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter Review
- Net sales increased 13.1% to $174.4 million compared to $154.2 million for the same period last year.
- Gross margin was 42.2% compared to 42.7% for the same period last year.
- Diluted loss per share was $(0.53) compared to $(0.19) for the same period last year.
- UGG® brand sales decreased 0.3% to $107.9 million compared to $108.3 million for the same period last year.
- Teva® brand sales decreased 15.4% to $34.1 million compared to $40.3 million for the same period last year.
- Sanuk® brand sales (acquired on July 1, 2011) were $28.0 million for the second quarter of 2012.
- Domestic sales increased 37.1% to $113.5 million compared to $82.8 million for the same period last year.
- International sales decreased 14.7% to $61.0 million compared to $71.5 million for the same period last year.
- Retail sales increased 25.0% to $25.2 million compared to $20.1 million for the same period last year; same store sales increased 6.8% for the thirteen weeks ending July 1, 2012 compared to the thirteen weeks ending July 3, 2011.
- eCommerce sales increased 40.1% to $8.0 million compared to $5.7 million for the same period last year.
“We experienced better than expected sales trends in several areas of our business during the second quarter,” stated Angel Martinez, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the Board of Directors. “Sell-through of the UGG brand in our direct to consumer channel was higher than planned; highlighted by a 43.9% increase in eCommerce sales year over year and a 6.8% same store sales increase. Along with record domestic wholesale sales for the UGG and Teva brands and the addition of the Sanuk brand, we were able to more than offset declines in our European wholesale and distributor divisions and drive overall second quarter sales above our initial projections.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV