Cash, cash equivalents and investments totaled $235.0 million as of June 30, 2012, compared to $188.7 million as of March 31, 2012 and compared to $135.3 million as of December 31, 2011. During the second quarter, the Company repurchased approximately 742,000 shares of common stock at an average price of $33.67 per share, for a total purchase price of approximately $25.0 million.
Business Outlook for 2012
The Company increased the full-year guidance for revenue and adjusted net income from continuing operations that was provided on February 2, 2012 and affirmed on April 26, 2012:
- Revenue to range from $825 to $835 million. Prior revenue guidance was between $810 and $830 million
- Adjusted net income to range from $189 to $197 million. Prior adjusted net income guidance was $178 to $190 million
- Adjusted earnings per diluted share to range from $2.78 to $2.90. Prior adjusted earnings per diluted share was $2.66 to $2.84
Conference CallAs announced on July 12, 2012, Neustar will conduct an investor conference call to discuss the Company’s results today at 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time). Prior to the call, investors may access the conference call over the Internet via the Investor Relations tab of the Company’s website ( www.neustar.biz). The conference call is also accessible via telephone by dialing 866-382-9489 (international callers dial 706-679-4287) and entering PIN 99777389. For those who cannot listen to the live broadcast, a replay will be available through 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) Thursday, August 2, 2012 by dialing 855-859-2056 (international callers dial 404-537-3406) and entering replay PIN 99777389, or by going to the Investor Relations tab of the Company’s website ( www.neustar.biz). This press release, the financial tables and other supplemental information, including a reconciliation of segment contribution to the nearest comparable GAAP measure and reconciliations of certain other non-GAAP measures to their nearest comparable GAAP measures that may be used periodically by management when discussing the Company’s financial results with investors and analysts, are available on the Company’s website under the Investor Relations tab.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV