Veeco Instruments Inc. (Nasdaq: VECO) announced its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012. Veeco reports its results on a U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) basis, and also provides results excluding certain items. Please refer to the attached table for details of the reconciliation between GAAP operating results and Non-GAAP operating results. All results presented herein are for Veeco’s “Continuing Operations.”
GAAP Results ($M except EPS)
Non-GAAP Results ($M except EPS)
|Q2 ‘12||Q2 ‘11|
Second Quarter 2012 Results
John R. Peeler, Veeco’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Veeco continues to deliver solid results in a soft market. Second quarter revenue was $137 million, and adjusted EBITA and non-GAAP earnings per share were $20 million and $0.37, respectively, with gross margins of 45%. Veeco generated about $19 million in cash flow from operations, ending the quarter with $540 million in cash and short term investments.” Second quarter LED & Solar revenues were $87 million, including $75 million in MOCVD and $12 million in MBE. Data Storage revenues were $50 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV