- Total net revenue declined 2% to $51.6 million, compared with $52.6 million in the same prior-year period. The Hospitality segment was up 15% year over year, while the Retail segment was down 11%, due to significant hardware revenue sales that occurred in fiscal 2012, which did not repeat in the current fiscal year.
- Although revenues were slightly down year over year, gross profit grew significantly as the movement to higher quality revenue continued. Gross profit increased by $2.3 million, or 13%, resulting in a gross margin of 39.5%, compared with 34.4% in the same prior-year period.
- Adjusted operating income (excluding stock-based compensation, amortization of acquisition-related intangibles and other one-time items) increased $3.5 million to $1.0 million, reversing prior-year adjusted operating loss of $2.5 million. (See reconciliation below.)
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) from continuing operations grew to $0.7 million, or $0.03 per share, compared with adjusted net loss of $2.9 million, or ($0.12) per share, last year. (See reconciliation below.)
- GAAP net loss narrowed to $1.6 million, or ($0.07) per share, from the loss of $6.9 million, or ($0.30) per share, for the same period in the prior fiscal year.
- Operating results from former Technology Solutions Group (TSG), including gain on sale, as well as its assets and liabilities, reported as components of discontinued operations during fiscal 2012.
Agilysys Reports Unaudited Fiscal 2013 First-Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.