Our unallocated corporate expenses include stock compensation, pension and contribution to the Graco Foundation as well as acquisition transaction cost. Acquisition expenses were $7 million in total for the quarter this year, an increase of $5 million from the prior year. We see unallocated corporate expense running at $5.5 million to $6 million per quarter going forward. Included in other income are $4 million of dividend, post tax, received from the Liquid Finishing business as required to be held separate from Graco and which is accounted for as a cost method investment. Interest expense increased $4 million for the quarter due to higher levels of borrowings. The effective tax rate of 32% is consistent with the second quarter last year. This year's rate is reduced by the effect of the investment income from the Liquid Finishing business that is held separate. Last year's rate was reduced by the effect of the federal R&D credit that is not available in 2012. Again, there is additional detail in the slides that accompany our call and note the major items that affected the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV