xAOC+C-store CMG year-to-date category growth is up a solid 5.1%. The combined segments of chocolate, non-chocolate and mints grew 6.9%, while gum declined about 3.5%. Growth by channel has varied. However, the confectionery category is advantaged and ubiquitous. While we focus on all points of distribution, we've been flexible and focused on our efforts and resources with faster growing customers and classes of trade. Specifically, year-to-date CMG growth in the expanded xAOC universe, which includes Walmart, partial Dollar, Club and Military, increased 7.4%. Hershey retail takeaway was solid across all of these channels.
For the year-to-date period ended June 16, 2012,xAOC+C-store chocolate category growth was up plus 6.1%. xAOC+C-store chocolate retail takeaway for Hershey was plus 4.3% with market share of 0.7 points.
As I mentioned earlier and as planned, Hershey's chocolate performance was impacted by a shorter Easter period and the timing of chocolate new product launches as well as in-store promotions and programming. We have solid plans in place over the remainder of the year supporting new products in our core chocolate business and expect our chocolate marketplace performance to improve sequentially in the second half.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV