So then let's turn to the divisions. First, starting with North America. Our business in North America remains solid. Our categories are still growing, and we are growing even faster. Both for the quarter and on a year-to-date basis, our all-outlet market shares are up in toothpaste, manual toothbrushes, liquid hand soaps, bar soaps, body wash, all-purpose cleaners and fabric conditioner. Our strong advertising support behind a broad array of new products has helped drive these results.
We're very pleased with the continued strong performance of Colgate Optic White toothpaste and are very excited about the launch this quarter of Colgate Optic White mouthwash to complete the existing regimen of toothpaste and toothbrush. This mouthwash, our first entry into the U.S. market, effectively whitens teeth and freshens breath. The alcohol-free formula helps prevent -- protect against future stains and reaches hard-to-brush areas. It kills bad breath germs, while being enamel-safe. Reception by the trade has been excellent.
In addition to the mouthwash, we're also launching Colgate Optic White enamel white toothpaste, which fortifies enamel through mineralization for strong teeth while providing a whitening benefit. This bundle addresses a large segment of whitening users and nonusers who fear long-term enamel damage. Enamel variance grew 22% in 2011 and now represent almost 6% of the toothpaste market.
In personal care, in both liquid hand soap and body wash, we are expanding our fragrant footprint with Softsoap Pampered Hands Coconut Lime Foaming Hand Soap and Softsoap Citrus Splash & Berry Fusion body wash. The body washes are created with real fruit extracts and best-in-class, wake-me-up fragrances, along with strong, invigorating graphics to help differentiate the products on the shelf.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV