Taser International (TASR) is engaged in development, manufacture and sale of electronic control devices designed for use in the law enforcement, military, corrections, private security and personal defense markets. This stock is trading up 8.8% to $5.30 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.16-$5.4052-Week Range: $3.55-$6.49 Volume: 817,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 463,854 Shares of TASR are ripping higher today after the company reported earnings of 6 cents per share, versus Wall Street estimates of 2 cents per share. The company's revenue was up 33% compared to the same quarter last year. From a technical perspective, TASR is gapping up sharply here back above its 200-day moving average at $4.97 and its 50-day moving average at $5.20 with heavy volume. This move is quickly pushing TASR within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once TASR takes out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $5.39 to $5.58 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased as long as TASR is trending above its 50-day, and then once it takes out $5.39 to $5.58 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $5.39 to $5.58 with volume that's near or above 464,854 shares. If we get that action soon, then TASR could be well on its way towards re-testing or possibly taking out its 2011 high of $6.49. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under 10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV