New York Times
New York Times (NYT) is a global, multimedia news and information company that includes newspapers, digital businesses, investments in paper mills and other investments. This stock is trading up 11.3% at $7.85 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.20-$7.9752-Week Range: $5.50-$8.92 Volume: 1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 1.1 million Shares of NYT are soaring today after the company reported better-than-expected second quarter results. The company reported an adjusted profit of 14 cents per share on revenue of $515.2 million, versus Wall Street estimates of 13 cents on $511 million in revenue. >>5 Stocks With Huge Insider Buying From a technical perspective, NYT is making a powerful bounce right off its 50-day at $6.98 and its 200-day at $7.06 with solid volume. This move is quickly pushing NYT within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once NYT takes out some overhead resistance levels at $8 to $8.46 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in NYT as long as it's trending above some near-term resistance at $7.70, and then once it clears both of those moving averages with high volume. Look for volume off that move that hits near or above its three-month average volume of 1.1 million shares. If we get that action, then look for NYT to challenge its next major overhead resistance levels at $9.73 to $10.00, or possibly even $11.00.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV