Origin Agritech (SEED) is a technology-focused crop seed company serving mainland China. The company's activities include the specialization in the research and development, production, and sales and marketing of crop seeds throughout China. This stock is trading up 10% at $1.52 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.37-$1.6252-Week Range: $1.30-$4.49 Volume: 541,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 107,376 >>3 Agricultural Stocks Poised to Benefit From Drought From a technical perspective, SEED is blasting to the upside here with monster volume. This move has briefly pushed SEED above its 50-day moving average of $1.52. At last check, SEED has hit an intraday high of $1.62 and volume is well above its three-month average action of 107,376 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SEED as long as it's trending above its 50-day with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 107,376 shares as bullish. If SEED can maintain that trend, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its next major overhead resistance levels at $1.87 to $1.94, or possibly even its 200-day moving average of $2.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV