This morning we are joined by Michael Roth and Frank Mergenthaler. We will begin with prepared remarks to be followed by Q&A. We plan to conclude before market open at 9:30 a.m. Eastern.
During this call, we will refer to forward-looking statements about our company, which are subject to the uncertainties in the cautionary statement included in our earnings release and the slide presentation and further detailed in our 10-Q and other filings with the SEC.
At this point, it is my pleasure to turn things over to Michael Roth.
Michael I. RothThank you, Jerry, and thank you for joining us for our review of our second quarter and first half 2012 results. As usual, I'll start out by covering the key highlights of our performance, Frank will then provide additional details on our results and I'll conclude with an update on our agencies and outlook to be followed by Q&A. To begin with the highlights, we're pleased to report Q2 diluted earnings per share growth of 16%, along with operating margin expansion that supports our targets for the year. Our organic revenue growth in the second quarter was 0.8% and 1.7% for the first half of the year. In the U.S., our organic revenue decrease in Q2 was 3.2%. The approximate 5% impact of last year's account losses more than offset sound U.S. performance. We had growth at several of our integrated agencies and across the CMG portfolio. Our digital services continue to make strong contributions. That includes both the capabilities we built within our agencies and, of course, our digital specialty agencies. Internationally, organic growth in the second quarter was 6%. In the Asia Pac and LatAm regions, double-digit growth was due to the strength of all our global networks: Media businesses, digital capabilities and our marketing services specialist.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV