In transition -- in Transmission, we are intentionally more selective and focused on profitability. The decline in orders in Europe is broad based across all businesses but clearly dominated by tough comps due to the ICx order of EUR 3.7 billion booked in Q3 last year.
The emerging markets held up well with a stable development year-over-year despite the 5% order decline in China. For example, Russia was up 24%. Middle East and India both grew by 7%. As a consequence, the share of the emerging markets in order intake reached a high level of 38%. Our sales growth was very broad based, with particular strength in the U.S. showing a 10% increase. This was mainly driven by Energy recording to high double-digit increases in the wind and Transmission business. While we saw some weakness in revenues in China and India, other emerging markets, like the Middle East or second wave countries, compensated for this and held the share of emerging markets constant at 32% of revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV