July 26, 2012
, the online retail trading division of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP), today announced the launch of a new service in Canada. FOREX.com
) allows Canadian residents to trade over 70 products, including 50 currencies and a variety of commodity markets, including energy, precious metals, and agricultural commodities. Clients also have access to 10 of the most widely traded equity indices including FTSE (UK), DOW and S&P500 (US), Nikkei (
), and Hang Seng (
"We are pleased to bring our award-winning FOREX.com service to
, CEO GAIN Capital. "Over the past several years, we've seen growing interest from traders in
in global markets such as currencies and commodities. As a result, we sought and received regulatory approval in
. We believe that traders will be very receptive to our premium service, which includes the advanced tools and research you expect from an industry leader, along with the competitive spreads and high quality trade executions for which FOREX.com is known."
Other highlights of FOREX.com's service include:
- Access to the popular Metatrader 4 platform, with robust mobile trading capabilities for iPhone and Android devices.
- Real time forex news from Dow Jones along with expert research and trading ideas, integrated directly into the trading platform.
- Free educational resources including online guides, courses, webinars and more.
- 24-hour customer service during market hours by phone, email or chat.
- Local account services, including Canadian dollar (CAD) and US dollar (USD) funding and denominated trading accounts.
- Client deposits are insured up to CAD $1 million through the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).
- A Negative Balance Protection policy which protects clients from losing more money than they have on deposit due to trading losses. This policy protects clients up to 50,000 of the base currency of their account.
, FOREX.com is regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of
, or IIROC, and is a member of Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). FOREX.com is the trading name of GAIN Capital – FOREX.com Canada Ltd., one of only a few registered Investment Dealers approved to offer Contracts for Difference (CFDs) and OTC forex to retail clients in the Canadian market.
Traders should visit
for more information, or to register for a free 30-day demo account.
About GAIN Capital
GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:
) is a global provider of online trading services. GAIN's innovative trading technology provides market access and highly automated trade execution services across multiple asset classes, including foreign exchange (forex or FX), contracts for difference (CFDs) and exchange-based products, to a diverse client base of retail and institutional investors.
A pioneer in online forex trading, GAIN Capital operates FOREX.com®, one of the largest and best-known brands in the retail forex industry. GAIN's other businesses include GAIN GTX, a fully independent FX ECN for hedge funds and institutions, and GAIN Securities, Inc. (member FINRA/SIPC) a licensed U.S. broker-dealer.