TORONTO and NEW YORK, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FOREX.com, the online retail trading division of GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP), today announced the launch of a new service in Canada. FOREX.com Canada ( www.forex.com/ca) allows Canadian residents to trade over 70 products, including 50 currencies and a variety of commodity markets, including energy, precious metals, and agricultural commodities. Clients also have access to 10 of the most widely traded equity indices including FTSE (UK), DOW and S&P500 (US), Nikkei ( Japan), and Hang Seng ( Hong Kong).
"We are pleased to bring our award-winning FOREX.com service to Canada," said Glenn Stevens, CEO GAIN Capital. "Over the past several years, we've seen growing interest from traders in Canada in global markets such as currencies and commodities. As a result, we sought and received regulatory approval in Canada. We believe that traders will be very receptive to our premium service, which includes the advanced tools and research you expect from an industry leader, along with the competitive spreads and high quality trade executions for which FOREX.com is known."
Other highlights of FOREX.com's service include:
- Access to the popular Metatrader 4 platform, with robust mobile trading capabilities for iPhone and Android devices.
- Real time forex news from Dow Jones along with expert research and trading ideas, integrated directly into the trading platform.
- Free educational resources including online guides, courses, webinars and more.
- 24-hour customer service during market hours by phone, email or chat.
- Local account services, including Canadian dollar (CAD) and US dollar (USD) funding and denominated trading accounts.
- Client deposits are insured up to CAD $1 million through the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).
- A Negative Balance Protection policy which protects clients from losing more money than they have on deposit due to trading losses. This policy protects clients up to 50,000 of the base currency of their account.
In Canada, FOREX.com is regulated by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada, or IIROC, and is a member of Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF). FOREX.com is the trading name of GAIN Capital – FOREX.com Canada Ltd., one of only a few registered Investment Dealers approved to offer Contracts for Difference (CFDs) and OTC forex to retail clients in the Canadian market.Traders should visit www.forex.com/ca for more information, or to register for a free 30-day demo account. About GAIN CapitalGAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP) is a global provider of online trading services. GAIN's innovative trading technology provides market access and highly automated trade execution services across multiple asset classes, including foreign exchange (forex or FX), contracts for difference (CFDs) and exchange-based products, to a diverse client base of retail and institutional investors. A pioneer in online forex trading, GAIN Capital operates FOREX.com®, one of the largest and best-known brands in the retail forex industry. GAIN's other businesses include GAIN GTX, a fully independent FX ECN for hedge funds and institutions, and GAIN Securities, Inc. (member FINRA/SIPC) a licensed U.S. broker-dealer.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.