On July 24, Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE: BAH) concluded the first-ever “wargame” simulation examining creative infrastructure initiatives and solutions that factor in US transportation needs by the year 2040. Simulation participants generated and explored the impact of fresh ideas such as automated offshore ports and freight-only regional transportation corridors.
The two-day strategic simulation, developed in partnership with the Northwestern University Transportation Center and the Chesapeake Crescent Initiative , was led by Booz Allen Executive Vice President Mark Gerencser, who heads the firm’s commercial business, and Booz Allen Principal Michelle Quadt. Designed by a team led by Booz Allen Principal Mark Frost, the game was conducted simultaneously via live video feeds in Washington, DC; Orlando, Florida; and Chicago, Illinois.
In each location, a diverse group of infrastructure professionals including government, civic, and industry thought leaders developed specific regional initiatives to spark awareness, conversation, and action to help solve US infrastructure challenges and prepare for changes in technology expected in the next 30 years.
Participants explored how public and private leadership could work together in “ megacommunities” to find sustainable, scalable infrastructure solutions that leverage new business models, innovative technologies, and alternative financing.“To meet our nation’s infrastructure challenges by the year 2040, we need bold ideas that do more than just repair or replace failing infrastructure, but completely re-imagines it for a new generation,” said Gerencser. “Booz Allen has been working for more than two years to engage stakeholders, conduct research, and inspire the re-imagining of America’s infrastructure. This week’s groundbreaking wargame generated exciting new infrastructure solutions and just as importantly, enabled lasting connections between government and private leaders for the decisive, unified action needed to achieve them.” Proposed regional infrastructure solutions included a range of creative ideas to spark conversation, including:
- Creating dedicated freight-only airports, highways and shipping corridors
- Regional high-speed rail networks
- Off-shore, automated super-ports
- Elevated systems to rapidly move freight containers around regions
- “Smart” tunnel enhancements
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV