Sterlite Industries (India) Limited Unaudited Consolidated Results For The First Quarter Ended 30 June 2012
Sterlite Industries (India) Limited (“SIIL” or the “Company”) today announced its unaudited consolidated results for the first quarter (“Q1”) ended 30 June 2012.
- Integrated Lead production up 79% and integrated Silver production up 70% at Zinc India
- Power sales up 49%
- EBITDA at `2,337 crore
- Underlying EPS at `4.2 per share
- Strong balance sheet with cash and liquid investments of `24,917 crore
- Shareholder approval received for Sesa Sterlite merger
(In ` crore, except as stated)
|Particulars|| Quarter ended
|Change|| Year ended
|Net Sales/Income from Operations||10,591||9,826||8%||40,967|
|Foreign Exchange Gain/(Loss)||(217)||-||-||(305)|
|Profit before Depreciation and Taxes (PBDT)||2,797||3,426||(18%)||12,174|
|Profit before Taxes and Exceptional Items||2,279||3,006||(24%)||10,344|
|Profit after Taxes||1,945||2,388||(19%)||7,761|
|Share in Profit/(Loss) of Associate||(167)||(106)||57%||(772)|
|Attributable PAT after Exceptional Items||1,202||1,640||(27%)||4,828|
|Basic Earnings per Share (EPS) (`/share)||3.6||4.9||14.4|
|Underlying Earnings per Share (EPS) (`/share) *||4.2||4.9||(14%)||16.7|
|Average Exchange Rate (`/$)||54.2||44.7||(21%)||47.9|
*Underlying EPS excludes foreign exchange gain/loss and exceptional items
Consolidated Financial Performance
Revenues for Q1 were up 8% at `10,591 crore primarily due to increase in volume of Lead and Silver at Zinc India, Commercial Power and Copper. The drop in LME prices was partially offset by Rupee depreciation compared with the corresponding prior quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV