WILMERDING, Pa., July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wabtec Corporation (NYSE: WAB) has signed a contract to manufacture brake equipment for freight cars to be purchased by GATX Rail Europe, a leading European rail equipment lessor. GATX Rail Europe sources cars from various European-based suppliers.
Under the contract, Wabtec will provide various models of brake systems, including the following components: control valves, slack adjusters, cylinders, new compact bogie brakes, discs and calipers. The components will be manufactured by Wabtec units in Europe. The contract is expected to last several years and has a value of about $18 million.
Albert J. Neupaver, president and chief executive officer of Wabtec, said: "We're pleased to play a role in GATX Rail Europe's growth and fleet renewal plans. Through this project, we are expanding our capabilities in the European freight rail market, and will eventually introduce our new, integrated brake beam technology (IBB10). In parallel, our brake distributor valve is becoming a standard in Europe."
Wabtec Corporation is a global provider of technology-based products and services for rail and industrial markets. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a range of products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles. The company also builds new switcher and commuter locomotives, and provides aftermarket services. The company has facilities located throughout the world.Website: www.wabtec.com SOURCE Wabtec Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV