AGCO, Your Agriculture Company (NYSE:AGCO), a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of agricultural equipment, reported net sales of approximately $2.7 billion for the second quarter of 2012, an increase of approximately 14.1% compared to net sales of $2.4 billion for the second quarter of 2011. Reported and adjusted net income per share were $2.08 for the second quarter of 2012. These results compare to reported net income per share of $1.36 and adjusted net income per share of $1.35 for the second quarter of 2011. Excluding unfavorable currency translation impacts of approximately 11.2%, net sales in the second quarter of 2012 increased approximately 25.3% compared to the same period in 2011.
Net sales for the first six months of 2012 were approximately $5.0 billion, an increase of 19.4% compared to the same period in 2011. Excluding the unfavorable impact of currency translation of approximately 8.2%, net sales for the first six months of 2012 increased approximately 27.6% compared to the same period in 2011. For the first six months of 2012, reported and adjusted net income were $3.29 per share. These results compare to reported and adjusted net income of $2.17 per share for the first six months of 2011.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Organic sales growth for Q2 2012 vs Q2 2011 was 14.7%, with the strongest growth coming from North America and Europe (1)
- Regional organic sales increases: North America 44.9%; Europe/Africa/ Middle East (EAME) 9.9%; South America 3.7%; and Asia/Pacific 17.0% (1)
- Q2 2012 operating margins improved 130 basis points to 9.8% vs Q2 2011
- North American operating margins exceeded 13% and South American operating margins improved to over 9%
- Increased investment in new products and factory productivity resulted in higher engineering expenses and capital expenditures during the second quarter of 2012
(1)Excludes unfavorable currency translation and acquisition impacts“AGCO’s strong execution in the second quarter produced record earnings and operating margins of nearly 10%,” stated Martin Richenhagen, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We benefited from sales and production growth, improved pricing in North America and Western Europe, low levels of material cost inflation, and savings from our strategic initiatives focused on purchasing and factory productivity. Our recent GSI acquisition also contributed to the positive results with its seasonally strong performance, particularly in North America.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV