Unified communications (UC), video calling and cloud-based PBXs all boost productivity and responsiveness, but only when they’re convenient and intuitive enough for all users. That’s why
(NASDAQ: EGHT) today announced Virtual Receptionist and Group Intercom Multicast Paging, two new Virtual Office cloud PBX services that make internal and external communication with business partners and customers more efficient and productive.
, available now as an 8x8 Virtual Office add-on service, takes advantage of the intuitive smartphone-like interface and advanced, fourth generation firmware of the new
Polycom VVX 500
IP phone to add powerful call handling and work group monitoring capabilities to the Virtual Office business phone service.
With Virtual Receptionist, 8x8 Virtual Office customers can:
- Process up to six concurrent, incoming live calls, all without the expense and desk clutter of accessory sidecar devices.
- Observe the presence status of up to six team member extensions, including those using any other Polycom, Aastra or Cisco desk phone, using busy line field (BLF) keys with speed dial, and instant transfer functions to maximize responsiveness between colleagues.
- Enable immediate collaboration with customers, suppliers and business partners by using speed dial keys.
Group Intercom Multicast Paging
service enables 8x8 Virtual Office users to make real-time announcements to a department, team or work area using the intercom feature on the Polycom VVX 500 phone, subsequently eliminating the need for an expensive multi-zone loudspeaker paging system.
With Group Intercom Multicast Paging, 8x8 Virtual Office customers can:
- Intercom to specific paging groups or broadcast a page to all other Polycom VVX 500 sets on the Virtual Office PBX by choosing the emergency or priority group.
- Create and manage up to 23 customer defined paging groups using the 8x8 Account Manager Portal.
- Manage permissions for who can broadcast pages and who can only receive them.
Another enhancement, the updated 8x8 Account Manager Web Portal, now provides administrators with efficient, centralized control options over Virtual Receptionist, Group Intercom Multicast Paging and other 8x8 PBX features.