The 100,000-square-foot store, to be located on the south side of Anchorage near the intersection of W. 104 th Avenue and C Street, will be Cabela’s first in Alaska. Construction is expected to begin in the spring of 2013.
The store is expected to employ approximately 200 full- and part-time employees. To staff the store, Cabela’s expects to draw on the large pool of outdoor-recreation savvy people in Anchorage and the surrounding area.
The building’s exterior will reflect Cabela’s popular store model with log construction, stonework, wood siding and metal roofing. A large glass storefront will allow customers to view much of the store’s interior as they approach the building. The inside will feature the company’s next-generation layout, designed to surround customers in an outdoor experience, including conservation-themed wildlife displays and trophy animal mounts displayed on a mountain. Additionally, the store will feature a 5,575-gallon aquarium. The store will also feature a Gun Library, Bargain Cave and Fudge Shop.“What can I say about Alaskans? We love them; so many of them live the Cabela’s lifestyle. We love the whole Last Frontier State and what it represents,” Millner said. “Cabela’s has had great customers in Alaska, essentially since the company started more than 50 years ago. We’ve lost count of how many times Alaskans have told us they rely on Cabela’s not only for their outdoor recreation, but for their everyday living. For years, we’ve wanted to build a store there for our loyal customers.” In addition to next-generation stores scheduled to open this summer in Charleston, W.Va., and Rogers, Ark., and the first Outpost store to open in Union Gap, Wash., Cabela’s has announced plans to open six next-generation stores in 2013 – Columbus, Ohio; Grandville, Mich.; Louisville, Ky.; Thornton, Colo.; Lone Tree, Colo.; and Green Bay, Wis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV