Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today expanded its RFIC platform with the new SX1257, a low power digital I/Q RF multi-mode PHY transceiver. The SX1257 is the first available solution to support all mandatory and optional IEEE 802.15.4g PHY modes including orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM). It is the ideal solution for customers desiring higher bit rates with complex modulation schemes such as OFDM in the sub-GHz band for smart metering applications.
The SX1257 is designed for high performance and flexibility with a high level of integration. It is a generic RF front-end designed to support several constant and non-constant envelope modulation schemes such as MR-FSK, MR-OFDM, and MR_OQPSK. A simple 4-wire 1-bit digital interface is provided for RX and TX I/Q data, which provides maximum flexibility. The receiver integrates the RF balun and 70dB of gain control with exceptional noise figure (NF). The TX chain is highly linear with a +6dBm 1dB compression point to support non-constant envelope modulation schemes.
The SX1257 can operate in both half and full-duplex mode and covers the frequency band from 862-950MHz. It is fully compliant with ETSI, FCC and ARIB regulatory requirements.
“The SX1257 offers both flexibility and high performance for applications desiring alternative modulation schemes to FSK and OOK,” said Hardy Schmidbauer, Director of Wireless Products. “It solidifies Semtech’s position as a top-supplier in smart metering applications.”Key Features of the SX1257
- Fully flexible I and Q modulator and demodulator
- Half or full-duplex operation
- Bullet-proof RX LNA
- Analog TX and RX pre-filtering
- Programmable tap TX FIR-DAC filter
- Linear TX amplifier for both constant and non-constant envelope modulation schemes
- Sensor applications
- Two-way radio
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV