SAN DIEGO, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT: ANX) today announced that it is presenting at the 1 st Annual Sickle Cell Disease Therapeutics Conference. The conference is intended to serve as a forum to raise awareness for sickle cell disease and will include presentations from leading companies in sickle cell disease and discussions with experts regarding the latest advancements and future trends for patients. The conference will be held September 19, 2012 in the Cosmopolitan Suite at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York City. Conference sponsors include Theradex Systems, Inc. and Rodman & Renshaw, LLC.
Six public and private companies developing new treatment options for patients with sickle cell disease, including ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals, Inc., will make presentations. Additionally, clinical researchers investigating approved agents from leading pharmaceutical companies, such as Eisai, Astellas and Lilly, also will present.
Conference attendees will hear from leaders in the sickle cell disease medical and advocacy communities, including:
- Lanetta B. Jordan, MD, MPH, MSPH, Associate Professor at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Chief Medical Officer of the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Inc. (SCDAA)
- Kim Smith-Whitley, MD, Medical Director of the Sickle Cell Clinical Program, Clinical Director of the Division of Hematology, and Attending Physician at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Denis Soulieres, MD, MSc, FRCPC Director of the Molecular Biology and Hematology Laboratory, Oncology & Hematology at the University of Montreal
- Mary M. Hulihan, MPH, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Division of Blood Disorders of the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
- Michael Higgins, Life Sciences Analyst, Brinson Patrick Securities Corporation
- Michael King, Managing Director and Senior Biotechnology Analyst, Rodman & Renshaw, LLC
- Christian Glennie, Healthcare Analyst, Edison Investment Research, Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV