Non-operating items for the first quarter 2012 included a $7.2 million charge from the early extinguishment of debt.
Capital and Liquidity
At June 30, 2012, JCG had stockholders’ equity of $1.4 billion, cash and investments of $638.6 million and outstanding debt of $540.4 million.
As part of its capital and liquidity management, JCG repurchased 830,700 shares of its common stock at an average price of $7.56 per share and a total cost of $6.3 million during the second quarter 2012.On July 24, 2012, JCG’s Board of Directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.06 per share. The quarterly dividend will be paid on August 20, 2012, to stockholders of record at the close of business on August 6, 2012. Second Quarter 2012 Earnings Call Information JCG will discuss its results during a conference call on Thursday, July 26, 2012, at 10 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time. The call-in number will be (888) 397-5338. Anyone outside the U.S. or Canada should call (719) 325-2145. The slides used during the presentation will be available in the investor relations section of the Janus Capital Group website ( http://ir.janus.com) approximately one hour prior to the call. For those unable to join the conference call at the scheduled time, an audio replay will be available on www.janus.com/ir. About Janus Capital Group Inc. Janus Capital Group Inc. (“JCG”) is a global investment firm offering strategies from three individual investment boutiques: Janus Capital Management LLC (“Janus”), INTECH Investment Management LLC (“INTECH”) and Perkins Investment Management LLC (“Perkins”). Each manager employs a research-intensive approach that is distinct within its respective asset class. This multi-boutique approach enables the firm to provide style-specific expertise across an array of strategies, including growth, value and mathematical equities, fixed income and alternatives through one common distribution platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV