SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC) today reported second quarter 2012 net income attributable to shareholders of $22.7 million, up slightly from $22.5 million in second quarter 2011.
“Our U.S. cokemaking business delivered another strong quarter,” said Fritz Henderson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of SunCoke Energy, Inc. “The successful startup of our Middletown, Ohio facility, sustained improvement at Indiana Harbor and the continued strong performance of our other U.S. cokemaking facilities were key drivers of the nearly $28 million increase in Adjusted EBITDA we achieved in the second quarter. While our coal business remains challenging, we made progress improving our mining productivity and lowering costs versus first quarter 2012. We believe we will successfully navigate the difficult current coal environment and expect to manage our coal business to be cash neutral in 2012.”
Henderson continued, “For full year 2012, we continue to expect to deliver between $250 million and $280 million in Adjusted EBITDA. We’ve updated our 2012 outlook for capital expenditures and free cash flow. We now expect 2012 capital expenditures to be about $85 million and free cash flow to be in excess of $100 million.”
|Three months ended June 30,|
|(In millions, except per share data)||2012||2011||Increase|
|Adjusted EBITDA (1)||$||65.5||$||37.7||$||27.8|
|Net Income Attributable to Shareholders||$||22.7||$||22.5||$||0.2|
|Net Income Per Share - Diluted||$||0.32||$||0.32||$||-|
(1) See definitions of Adjusted EBITDA and reconciliations elsewhere in this release.In second quarter 2012, total revenues rose 22 percent to $460.9 million versus second quarter 2011, primarily driven by sales at our Middletown facility and the pass-through of higher coal costs in our Jewell Coke segment. Our Middletown facility contributed $72.0 million to the increase in revenues in the second quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV