The Marcus Corporation (NYSE: MCS) today reported record revenues and increased earnings for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended May 31, 2012. Revenues and operating income were up for both Marcus Theatres® and Marcus® Hotels & Resorts for the fourth quarter and full year.
Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2012 Highlights
- Total revenues for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 were $107,845,000, a 16.8% increase from revenues of $92,316,000 for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Operating income was $12,831,000 for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, a 49.6% increase from operating income of $8,576,000 for the same period in the prior year.
- Net earnings were $6,699,000, or $0.23 per diluted common share, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012, a 92.3% increase from net earnings of $3,483,000, or $0.12 per diluted common share, for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
Full Year Fiscal 2012 Highlights
- Total revenues for fiscal 2012 were $413,898,000, a 9.8% increase from revenues of $377,004,000 for fiscal 2011.
- Operating income was $46,515,000 for fiscal 2012, a 38.9% increase from operating income of $33,497,000 for fiscal 2011.
- Net earnings were $22,734,000, or $0.78 per diluted common share, for fiscal 2012, a 67.7% increase from net earnings of $13,558,000, or $0.46 per diluted common share, for fiscal 2011.
“This was an excellent year for The Marcus Corporation, with revenues reaching record levels. A steady stream of good films and continued improvement in the lodging industry enabled both divisions to contribute to a strong fourth quarter and fiscal 2012,” said Gregory S. Marcus, president and chief executive officer of The Marcus Corporation. He noted that results for the fourth quarter and fiscal 2012 benefited from an additional week, which included the busy Memorial Day holiday weekend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV