Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ: CELG) reported total revenue of $1,367 million for the second quarter of 2012, a 16 percent increase from the same period in 2011. Non-GAAP net income for the second quarter of 2012 increased 31 percent to $545 million compared to $417 million in the second quarter of 2011. For the same periods, non-GAAP diluted earnings per share increased 37 percent to $1.22 from $0.89.
Based on U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), Celgene reported second quarter 2012 net income of $367 million or $0.82 per diluted share. For the second quarter of 2011, net income was $279 million or $0.59 per diluted share.
“The second quarter financial results were very strong and provide significant momentum for the second half of the year,” said Bob Hugin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Celgene Corporation. “The recent positive apremilast phase III data is the first of multiple pivotal trial results and regulatory actions across our portfolio anticipated through early 2013. We have never been in a better position to deliver on our promise of helping to improve patients’ lives and provide value for our shareholders.”
Raising 2012 Earnings Outlook; Revenue Guidance Reaffirmed
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS is expected to increase approximately 27 percent year-over-year to a range of $4.80 to $4.85, up from a previous range of $4.70 to $4.80.
- GAAP diluted EPS is expected to increase approximately 31 percent year-over-year to a range of $3.69 to $3.80, up from the previous range of $3.52 to $3.67.
- Non-GAAP total revenue is expected to increase approximately 15 percent year-over-year to a range of $5,400 to $5,600 million.
- REVLIMID net product sales are expected to increase approximately 19 percent year-over-year to a range of $3,750 to $3,850 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV