FFO, as defined by the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (“NAREIT”), for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 increased 135 percent to $236.0 million, from $100.6 million in the comparable 2011 period. NAREIT FFO per diluted common share for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 increased 42 percent to $0.81, from $0.57 in 2011. This increase is primarily due to the factors described above for net income excluding the net impact of gains or losses on real estate dispositions.
NAREIT FFO for the six months ended June 30, 2012 increased 124 percent to $450.8 million, from $201.6 million in the comparable 2011 period. NAREIT FFO per diluted common share for the six months ended June 30, 2011 increased 30 percent to $1.55, from $1.19 in 2011. This increase is primarily due to the factors described above for net income excluding the net impact of gains or losses on real estate dispositions.
PRIVATE PAY SENIORS HOUSING OPERATING PORTFOLIO
Second Quarter 2012 Total Portfolio NOI and Same-Store Occupancy Trend PositiveAt June 30, 2012, the Company’s seniors housing operating portfolio included 95 private pay seniors housing communities managed by Sunrise and 119 private pay seniors housing communities managed by Atria. Of these 214 assets, 197 were owned by the Company for the full first and second quarters of 2012 (“same-store”). Same-store Net Operating Income (“NOI”) before management fees for the 197 same-store communities increased 2.0 percent to $107.9 million in the second quarter of 2012 versus $105.7 million in the first quarter of 2012. Same-store NOI after management fees increased sequentially by 1.7 percent, from $90.3 million in the first quarter of 2012 to $91.8 million in the second quarter of 2012. Per unit occupancy in the 197 same-store communities rose 80 basis points to 89.2 percent in the second quarter of 2012 compared to the first quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV