Asset Management operating revenue was $207 million in the second quarter of 2012, 2% lower than the first quarter of 2012 and 13% lower than the second quarter of 2011. Management fees during the period totaled $195 million, reflecting a 2% decline, compared to the first quarter of 2012 and a 12% decline, compared to the prior year period. The sequential decline was driven primarily by a decrease in the level of AUM at June 30, 2012, due to market depreciation, partially offset by net inflows of $1.1 billion in the second quarter. The year-over- year quarterly decline was driven primarily by a decrease in the level of AUM, caused by market depreciation, and, to a lesser extent, a slight shift in the asset mix.
Incentive fees were in line with the first quarter of 2012 but declined compared to the second quarter of 2011, primarily due to a change in one mandate from a quarterly to an annual performance fee basis.AUM was $148 billion as of June 30, 2012, up 5% from year-end 2011 and was down 5% from March 31, 2012, primarily reflecting market depreciation. Average AUM of $151 billion for the second quarter of 2012 was essentially unchanged from the 2011 full-year average. First Half Asset Management operating revenue was $417 million in the first half of 2012, 10% lower than the first half of 2011. Management fees were $395 million in the first half of 2012, 8% lower than the first half of 2011. Average AUM for the first half of 2012 was $149 billion, 6% lower than the first half of 2011. Net inflows were $1 billion for the first half of 2012. Our primarily institutional client mix remained broadly diversified by investment strategy and geography. We continued to win significant new mandates across a broad spectrum of investment strategies and to provide superior investment solutions to our clients around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV