AmerisourceBergen Corporation (NYSE:ABC) today reported that in its fiscal year third quarter ended June 30, 2012, diluted earnings per share were $0.71, an 8 percent increase over the prior year quarter. Revenue in the quarter was $19.8 billion, down 1.9 percent. The Company also narrowed the range of its expectations for the full fiscal year 2012 diluted earnings per share to $2.80 to $2.84 from its previous range of $2.74 to $2.84. All the results are presented in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Fiscal Third Quarter Highlights
- Revenue of $19.8 billion, down 1.9 percent.
- Diluted earnings per share of $0.71, a 7.6 percent increase.
- Gross margin of 3.49 percent, up 25 basis points.
- Operating margin of 1.59 percent, up 2 basis points.
- Share repurchases of $186 million.
Fiscal First Nine Months Highlights
- Revenue of $60.2 billion, up 0.7 percent.
- Diluted earnings per share of $2.13, a 6.5 percent increase.
- Gross margin of 3.28 percent, a 7 basis point increase.
- Operating margin of 1.61 percent, a 1 basis point increase.
- Cash flow from operations of $760 million.
- Share repurchases of $514 million.
“In our June quarter, AmerisourceBergen delivered solid performance across all of its business units, and overcame a difficult comparison to the same quarter last year,” said Steven H. Collis, AmerisourceBergen President and Chief Executive Officer. “The results for both the quarter and year-to-date continue to demonstrate the value of our two primary growth drivers – generics and specialty pharmaceuticals. In addition, our demonstrated discipline in expense and working capital management continues to strengthen our operations and our balance sheet, and we continue to have tremendous financial flexibility. We have made outstanding progress in the integration of the acquisitions we have made this year, and we are more convinced than ever that they will make significant contributions to our growth in the years ahead.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV