- Second quarter net sales increased 38.0% to $288.7 million.
- Retail comparable store sales increased 6.8% for the second quarter.
- Second quarter net income was $26.9 million, or $0.61 per diluted share. Net income included a $2.5 million charge for a class action lawsuit related to unauthorized text messaging and a $1.8 million charge for impairment of a note receivable from the Company’s former licensee for Betsey Johnson retail and apparel. On an after-tax basis, these charges negatively impacted net income by $2.6 million, or $0.06 per diluted share. The Company also recorded a $2.8 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, tax benefit for the year-to-date impact of a portion of earnings from the Company’s foreign operations that have been reinvested indefinitely. Net income for the second quarter of 2011 was $23.8 million, or $0.55 per diluted share.
Steve Madden Announces Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.