- Second quarter net sales increased 38.0% to $288.7 million.
- Retail comparable store sales increased 6.8% for the second quarter.
- Second quarter net income was $26.9 million, or $0.61 per diluted share. Net income included a $2.5 million charge for a class action lawsuit related to unauthorized text messaging and a $1.8 million charge for impairment of a note receivable from the Company’s former licensee for Betsey Johnson retail and apparel. On an after-tax basis, these charges negatively impacted net income by $2.6 million, or $0.06 per diluted share. The Company also recorded a $2.8 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, tax benefit for the year-to-date impact of a portion of earnings from the Company’s foreign operations that have been reinvested indefinitely. Net income for the second quarter of 2011 was $23.8 million, or $0.55 per diluted share.
Steve Madden Announces Second Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.